Monday, March 3, 2014

9. HTML Editors

Notepad++

"Fast, Versatile, Fully Customizable! LOVE IT!"

Pros
I make my living with it. It does everything I want it to do - from coding html, php, javascript, auto-syncing with the server, search and replace through multiple files (very fast), countless plugins, easily customizable... I can't say enough. Loads quick, very very rarely crashes. Take the time, learn it's ins and outs. Customize it for you. Consider using it with Texter (auto complete 3rd party tool) for the ultimate coding platform.
Cons
Would like a slightly more advanced FTP plugin. The NPPFTP plugin is good, but would love to have a bulk file upload option.
Review on CNET By luminaia

What do I think of notepad++?
Notepad++ is a brilliant lightweight text editor ideal for creating an html script due to its ease of use, speed & low system load.
Html may be defined as the input language which is very helpful when it comes to writing html as the tags are a different colour to all other text which allows for quicker detection & correction of any errors made during writing the script.
Notepad++ is also my favourite because you are able to run an html script directly from within the gui by navigating to run and launching in your preferred browser.
A shortcut may also be used to launch the script from within the gui if it is preferred.



NoteTab Light
"Terrific"

This is "as far as HTML is concerned" the perfect editor for me. I hate having to put in a lot of basic things by hand and this cuts all those corners for me, allowing me to get to the fun stuff.
It has a capture mode for web addresses, allowing you to add it into the document automatically when highlighting, or copying the address, now that's cool.
If you like smileys, this has enough smiley syntax for near anyone. There is really just too much to put into a review, so I suggest trying it out. This is the light version and I doubt many of us would be able to tell by the features.
It seems you can save as near any type of document you can think of which is an added bonus, not to mention it handles far more lines of text than notepad.
It's going to take a while to truly dig in to this program (I've only scratched the surface, if that) but currently, I agree with the masses, a definite 5 star.
Review on Snapfiles By Gimpguy

What do I think of NoteTab Light?
NoteTab Light is perfect for html and I even find it preferable to notepad++ because NoteTab is a program that focuses more on html based content rather than other programming languages.
NoteTab has many useful tools, one of which I find particularly helpful is the 'HTML-AutoReplace' feature as it allows you to double click on tags(in the sidebar) which will then place them into your html code.
CSS tags may also be placed in.
This feature not only allows you to save a lot of time but also eliminates the chance of making an error in your tags.




10. Benchmark Browser Test
Do you think this is a fair assessment? Yes I believe the tests done by Tom's Hardware to be reliable and free from bias.
Does it include all the features important to web users? Yes, the vast majority of web content has been tested with each browser.
Did it change your opinion of your most-used browser? No, it didn't change my opinion of my favourite browser. Personally I find Google Chrome to be a lot more efficient than Firefox at starting up and loading pages, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment